- Post Date:May 20, 2019
- Views 51
The African Talent Company seeks qualified candidates to fill this role for one of its clients in the manufacturing sector in Nigeria
Responsible for production & raw material planning, logistics and warehousing at the production center.
This role ensures the availability of products, by meeting the target service and inventory levels and ensuring continuous development & improvement of the planning process at the factory. Ensure and strengthen the alignment of interfaces with other areas of the company, setting local, regional and global levels.
- Detailed Responsibilities (non-inclusive):
- Participate in the development of the overall PC strategy.
- Manage the areas of PC Planning, PC Inventory management, Logistics and Warehousing
- Initiates, supports and leads continuous improvement activities within the department. Schedule, lead and communicate departmental priorities with the team and coordinate activities with other functions within the plant
- Leads the training and development of the materials team members and conduct performance evaluations which include having concise development plans for the team
- Builds effective communication channels between Plant Materials team, Demand Planning, customer services, sales, Quality team, Operations, maintenance, and warehousing functions to ensure demand targets are met.
- Leads the team in the plant’s cost out activities aligned with the plant’s overall strategic plan objectives.
- Leads all aspects of the ERP system and ensure controls are in place to establish the correct BOM structure, material routings, transaction accuracy, inventory integrity to allow for accurate aggregations of supply and demand. Responsible for overall data integrity of the ERP system in support of maintain strong ERP Health performance.
- Ensure availability of finished goods in line with demands provided by the DC and in compliance with required quality standards, regulations and corporate/regional planning guidelines to ensure defined Service Level targets are met.
- Responsible for management of the capacity, production and ensure stock are at target levels. Constant planning and coordination of daily production at utilization of the given technology and capacity and efficient material flows and logistics in compliance with set standards, regulations and guidelines.
- Maintains optimum inventory levels to ensure on-time deliveries to meet customer requirements while minimizing transportation charges Innovation Process
- Ensure planning and coordination of launches and re-launches with brands, regional SC and DCs in order to guarantee a timely, quality, cost and service optimizes launch /re-launch of finished goods.
- Leads the logistics activities for the plant including inbound and outbound, cost out objectives and trade
- compliance. This is accomplished by maintaining approved carrier compliance, defining standard routings and schedules while maintaining customer shipping requirements.
- Responsible for the management of logistics processes within & external the plant and definition of goals and strategies in the area, with a key focus on continuous reduction in clearing lead-times.
- Establishes and maintains operational areas of receiving, material handling, warehouse, shipping by insuring efficiency, quality of work, process adherence and in a safe manner.
- Manage the process of centralized master data, ensuring agility, transparency, quality and security of the database and documentation.
- University / higher education degree;
- 6 to 10 year’s experience in supply chain particularly in production planning and warehouse functions.
- Advanced skills in Excel & PowerPoint
- Very good understanding the process to clear Sea & Air consignments in Very good knowledge & skills of SAP
- Excellent strategic and analytical thinking
- Very good understanding of how of people management and also how to develop people.
- Very good communication skills
- The incumbent is strictly obliged to keep company-information as a secret, especially after termination of the labor-relation.
- The Materials Manager reports to PC/SC Manager
DC Demand & Supply planner
Warehouse service provider
This job description is a general guideline for the scope of the position. It can neither cover the total, detailed scope of the job nor is it meant to stay unmodified and static for a longer period of time, since the business environment is constantly developing. In this respect the job description is a dynamic framework that cannot be claimed to be conclusive by neither the employee nor by the employer.